Please leave your suggestion or vote here ...

Totalling and Sub-totalling in Landing Page views

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter TrimmPeter Trimm shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James KayAdminJames Kay (Admin, Workbooks Online) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous
        Our focus now is on exactly that: reporting and summarising reports; we believe we can make reports easier to create and summarise, such as you might with a pivot table in Excel.
        As previously advised, this remains the focus of our next release.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this functionality be included in reports?

The title refers to landing page views and I would like to add a request for reports to also include this functionality.

• Alan HasellAlan Hasell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did this miss the March 2013 release? It's not in the release notes and I don't see the functionality in either reports or landing pages.

• shane leathershane leather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this going to become a feature on Workbooks, I was told that it would be in the new release at the end of 2012. Can we please have some timescales, I keep getting asked by My Directors (who I had to sell Workbooks to) when can we move away from the excel spreadsheets we were replacing. Our renewal is due and I have to justify the cost to renew, at least if I can give timescales that is a help to my cap ex request.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking forward to this feature very much. Please include the function of being able to sub total figures for example giving a revenue total sub totalled per month. Also can you include a line count within the sub total so you can create average order values for the items within the sub total group? Please update on when this will be available? Thanks

• shane leathershane leather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition at present I have to export to excel and do an auto sum. Defeats the point of the object. What time scales are you putting on this facility ?

• James GrayJames Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this be added to views? The vast majority of my workbooks time is spent using views to export data to use in excel, I am becoming a expert with pivot tables and this was not my intention. One of the key business goals was to move away form many spreadsheets but without the ability to total numbers we have to go back in to excel. This topic comes up every other day here.

• john.cheneyAdminjohn.cheney (Admin, Workbooks Online) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The initial plan here is extend the reporting functionality so we can create reports which have 'details' and totals and sub-totals in the same report.

This functionality will initially be in reports and dashboards.

• Dean FaulknerDean Faulkner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting a lot of requests for this too - it makes it difficult to get user buy-in / acceptance of a new system that is supposed to be replacing various excel sheets that we have used in the past when people keep having to export to excel to total columns of information. Is this something that we can expect soon (it was originally requested 2 years ago)?

• Claire GrievesClaire Grieves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having to create extra reports or add up by calculator at present which seems ridiculous. Would love to see this asap.

• Mike @ Control KeyMike @ Control Key commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if I get asked for this by my manager one more time my head will explode!
        Very keen on this being implemented asap.

• Alistair BarfootAlistair Barfoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to totalling and sub-totalling in Reports, which can then be displayed in Dashboards as well please.

Feedback and Knowledge Base